12:16 p.m. - 2006-12-14
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’ve never done before? Went on vacation all by myself and loved it! Did not leave the country. Dated a Caribbean asshole.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more this year? Resolutions are a bunch of crap.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Big B. Love ya!
5. What countries did you visit? None for a change.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A stable, prosperous financial life. And maybe a house.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory, and why? None.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Kicking my own ass.
9. What was your biggest failure? I don't believe in failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope! Only recovery!
11. What was the best thing you bought? Dansko and Keen shoes. Yoga and Pilates classes. Plane tickets to everywhere!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Six! She did what she had to do without putting others first. And that's a major accomplishment! Sean Paul for stopping his concert and kicking the bitches out of the concert!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own.
14. Where did most of your money go? Shoes, vacations, food, bath products, cosmetics, misc crap that made me happy for a while I suppose.
15. What made you really really really excited? When my nephew followed me like a puppy all day on Thanksgiving, and how he looks like a muppet when he runs. My experience at the yoga retreat. The yoga dude and Max (I hope he gets the boat flu and throws up on his stupid shoes.).
16. What song will forever remind you of 2006? I don't remember things in that way.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer? Happier, thinner (well, OK, lighter because I cut off all my hair), richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise, dating, eating wellm travelling, saving money.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Grieving.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? With the nephew and the family.
21. How will you be spending New Year’s? I don't know yet.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? With myself. But I think they have meds for that.
23. How many one-night stands? One.
24. What were your favorite TV Programs? Lost, House, Biggest Loser. Stranded with Cash Peters.
25. Do you hate anyone you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
26. What was the best book you read? Diary of a Yogi, a few of the filthy, dirty, fluffy Lisa Kleypas romance novels, I can't remember the others.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? A couple of local bands and a deep desire to learn piano/keyboard. I'm hoping I get one for Christmas.
28. What did you want and get? Enlightenment.
29. What did you want and not get? Self-control.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Casino Royal, The Departed, The Lake House.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing. 35.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Funky and confident.
34. What kept you sane? Saying "Balls" really loud, Meditation, Yoga, Great Lakes Friend.
35. What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Gerard Butler and Daniel Craig - and an embarrassing crush on the Weasley twins.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Same-sex marriage, War on Terror.
37. Who did you miss? Big B.
38. Who was the best new person(s) you met? My yoga friend, the yoga guy, the life coach from the retreat.
39. Who would you like to get to know better? Yoga Guy, of course.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006? Fear makes the world very small, limiting and claustrophobic.