9:38 a.m. - 2005-01-04
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’ve never done before? Freed my heart, sought truth.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for this year? I don't remember.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Uncle in Cape Cod.
5. What countries did you visit? USVI, Puerto Rico, Nassau.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Groundedness, confidence, a higher purpose, good health, an apartment, personal success, new job.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched in your memory, and why? None.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Same as oldhippie -- Actively puruing happiness and success, understanding it is within my control, and mine alone.
9. What was your biggest failure? Running up more debt.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Did I ever.
11. What was the best thing you bought? New luggage.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine! Drudging the lowest levels of my emotional baggage.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My employers.
14. Where did most of your money go? Stuff and nonsense.
15. What did you get really, really excited about? New bike, new luggage, getting rid of personal baggage, St. Patty's Day, Halloween, Vermont. V1n D1esel and Cl1ve Owen (K1ng Arthur).
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? That new Kelly Clarkson song about spreading her wings and learnign to fly.
17. Compared to last year, are you happier or sadder? Richer or poorer? happier and richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Working out, meditating, being in the moment.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Bitching, moaning, feeling depressed about things I have the ability to change.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Too late. I was sick.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?. Puppy love with the K1ing Arthur movie. OK, obsessive lust more like.
22. How many one-night stands? Not a one.
23. What was your favorite TV Program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read? The Queen's F00l.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? N@pster. I made a great CD of all my old 70's favorites.
27. What did you want and get? A cruise, several bootie calls.
28. What was your favorite film this year? Um, K1ng Arthur...
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 33, no idea what I did. Nothing probably.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Moving out of my mom's house.
31. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay marriage.
32.Who did you miss? My dad, and Massimo the cruise waiter. I still carry that torch.
33. Who was the best new person you met? Dick the bookstore dude.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004. I don't have to settle for a shit job, shit living arrangement or a shit family. I can thrive without the love of my biological family.
34.Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Out of the darkness and into the sun..." Kelly Cl@rkson.